This Valentine’s weekend at As You Are we have an online speed meet event that aims to bring together queer women from the queer community. It is a well-organized process where you get to meet with new people, chat, and check if there’s any chemistry between you two. A queer speed meeting is a formalized matchmaking process designed to bring together queer women for the purposes of developing human relationships with the aim of forming long-term romantic or sexual relationships.
Our speed meet event for LGBTQ community organizes single queer women together in an orderly manner, giving the participants very short periods of time to get to know each other. We have designed it in such a way that everyone can get an equal chance of meeting someone they like.
How the Speed Meet for Queer Women works:
- This event will allow a maximum of 20 people.
- The Queer Speed Meeting Event link will be sent 1 hour before the event on your registered email. In case you do not get it, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendees will be paired up and face each other. An online event has a host who will guide you through the proceedings and let you know when it’s time to switch to meet the next participant.
- Instead of sitting across from each participant, you’ll be given a few minutes in a private chat room with each of them, with a break to take notes or collect your thoughts in between.
- Because of the short time frame, you won’t be trapped with somebody you don’t get along with. However, you have plenty of time to figure it out.
Safety and Privacy Guidelines:
- You are requested NOT TO publicly broadcast any private information, yours or anyone else’s. Private information may include your address, bank account information, etc.
- You must not engage in, or encourage others to engage in, any type of targeted abuse or harassment of another person. This includes sending any unsolicited sexual content to other participants.
- Any Transphobic, racist, classist, genderist, biphobic or homophobic behaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.
- Promotion of business or professional accounts on the stream is strictly prohibited. You are requested to not indulge in such activities.
- Do not disturb the decorum of the Zoom call. Anyone who creates unnecessary chaos will be blocked out immediately by our moderators.
- Participants will not be allowed to screen share their device on the Zoom meeting screen.
- Please mute your microphone if you aren’t talking. Participants are requested to situate themselves in a quiet place with as low background sound as possible.
- You are expected to keep the camera ON during the event.
We want to make the space we offer at “Speed Meet” a more friendly and relaxed approach to bringing people from the LGBTQ community together to make meaningful and long-lasting connections. The main emphasis of this queer women’s event is to have fun while making as many new connections as possible.
The Speed Meet for queer women is a fun and safe event, intended for those seeking more than just a series of short mini meets. Everyone who attends is looking to connect, and there’s the potential for lots of great conversations, friend matches, and perhaps more.
We recommend you relax, be casual, and speak your mind! Perhaps someone will notice you. Perhaps not. Maybe you’ll click with someone, or maybe you’ll have something to say that you’ve been wanting to say.